Search This Blog

Monday, September 7, 2009

Unexpected Shopper

OK, this was a first. I was at the grocery store this a.m. and saw a bunch of people a couple aisles up laughing and pointing. "Hmm," I thought, "must be a baby drooling cute or something." I got to the end of that aisle and was walking by the frozen foods when a squirrel ran by me followed by several store employees, one with a scoop shovel.

That little critter had the Labor Day crowd in a tizzy: "How did he get in?" "Throw a box over him!" "What was it, a rabbit?---No, it was a squirrel looking to buy nuts." Ha.Ha. "He'll probably bite someone." "Nah, just scratch and claw 'em if he's cornered."

I bought my stuff and left, and they still hadn't nabbed the rascal. Suppose they'll set a trap tonight and hopefully let him or her loose tomorrow. Sure will have quite the story to tell the treemates when he gets home, just like I'm tellin' you.

1 comment:

Kristin said...

That's awesome... It's always fun to work where squirrel make a frequent appearance!