Search This Blog

Monday, January 18, 2010

Here's to New Beginnings

I'm back! I must have needed a break.

Can't wait for this week! It's 1st semester exam week! Yippee!

Should I tally how many students approach me about what they can do to raise their grade? (I'll resist telling them to time travel back 18 weeks---and this time try doing their work.)

Shall I count how many students come to me five minutes after taking their final exam to see what they got and what their final grade is? (I'll resist telling them to ---well, let's just leave it that I'll resist.)

Yes, exam time. Students cram. Teachers grade 'til their eyeballs crack from dry air and not blinking. And, everybody is a bit---sometimes a lot---testy. (pun intended)

But, the good thing is students get half an hour between each exam and an open campus lunch. That can make even an Algebra II test worth taking.

Teachers look forward to a new semester and a fresh start hoping that the students who didn't do their work the first semester will have learned. And, even more hopeful we are that the students who DID do their work have learned.

Hope. The thing with feathers that perches in the soul and sings. Thank you Emily D.

No comments: